Enabled my own email address
@gnailuy.com using Cloudflare and Gmail for free.
Here is a brief note.
My domain name is hosted in Cloudflare and they support Email routing. I need only one email address so I just added a custom address and setup a custom routing to forward all emails sent to here to my Gmail inbox.
To this point, I can receive emails with my address but cannot send email from it. I need an SMTP server to do this and thanks to Gmail they offer free SMTP.
To send or reply mail from my address, I can add my new email address as an alias in Gmail. Follow the below steps to use Gmail's SMTP.
- Make sure my 2FA is enabled on my Google account.
- Go to my Google Account to create an App Password for later use.
- Open Gmail settings and find:
Accounts and Import->
Send mail as.
- Add my new email address and check the
Treat as an aliasoption.
- In the next step, use the below information:
|My Gmail address
|The new App Password I just created
Keep the default TLS option checked.